Understanding other points of view
(KPLR) – Understanding the other point of view. Here’s JB with The Way It Oughta Be.
I was reminiscing with a co-worker the other day about the days when St. Louis was a 2 newspaper town.
We both remembered how our parents would grab the Globe Democrat in the morning and the Post-Dispatch in the afternoon.
The Globe was known as the conservative paper in townand the Post known for leaning left.
Even though our parents were locked onto their own political view, they wanted to read both papers. They wanted to know both points of view.
I don’t think that that’s the case anymore. I think we just want to hear the news from our own point of view.
That’s too bad.
No one is right all the time. We shouldn’t be scared to hear from the other side.
I’m JB, and that’s “The Way It Oughta Be.”
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip