Advisory speed limit signs to be removed from I-270
ST. LOUIS (KPLR) – Starting on October 16th, MoDOT will start removing the advisory speed limit signs on I-270. The reason for the removal is that MoDOT will be adding the speed limit advisories to I-270 message boards.
The signs were installed in 2007, to helpmotorist during times of high traffic volume, warning drivers of slower traffic ahead. Since its inception, the message boards on the states interstates have been upgrades making advisory speed limit sign obsolete. MoDOT says they will repurpose the signs for other projects.
Officials say the advisory speed limit digital signs be removed in two weeks.
MoDOT believes that between the use of the message boards, 300 traffic cameras and 400 speed sensors, they will be able I-270 traffic flow.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip