Food stamp glitch causes chaos at Walmart
SHREVEPORT, LA - A computer glitch that affected the food stamp system caused chaos at some grocery stores in Louisiana over the weekend.
Shelves were cleared, and aisles were clogged with carts after the food stamp system went offline. Walmart allowed people to continue shopping despite a malfunction that prevented the store from seeing EBT card balances. That’s when dozens of people decided to go grocery shopping.
Police were called to control the crowds and some even compared it to Black Friday.
When shoppers realized they could only buy $100 dollars worth of food they abandoned their carts.
Xerox, a vendor for the EBT system, says the glitch was caused by a power outage during a routine backup test in one of the company’s locations.
Source – CNN
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Watch the new Godzilla movie trailer
- School drops sexual harassment claim against 6-year-old who kissed girl
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy