Military mom surprises daughter at school
FLORISSANT, MO. (KPLR) – It started out as an ordinary Monday in school for a little girl in Florissant, but by lunch time, it was anything but ordinary.
U.S. Army soldier Katie Bernal arranged the surprise visit at Parker Road elementary school in Florissant, returning home Monday from a long deployment.
During the schools lunch hour, children routinely made their way to their tables, but then 9-year-old Amber Amsden and the other students noticed something different. The principal, Kristy Houle, was walking around the cafeteria with a microphone asking questions about nutrition and exercise. Then Miss Houle said we have an expert on health with us today who has travelled a long way to talk to us. That was the cue for army mom Katie Bernal to walk in.
Needless to say,it was a very happy reunion. Bernal hadn’t seen her daughter for almost a year, while being deployed to the Middle East.
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- School drops sexual harassment claim against 6-year-old who kissed girl
- Watch the new Godzilla movie trailer
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy