Habitat for Humanity home dedications Tuesday
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – There will be a happy ending Tuesday in a south city Habitat for Humanity project nearly derailed by thieves.
Five homes on Michigan will be dedicated Tuesday morning. It will surely be emotional, especially after what happened in the process of building the houses.
It was back in May when thieves broke into a Habitat trailer and metal roll off and stole some $13,000 worth of tools. The tools, including power tools, were being used to help build the five homes.
In addition to the tool thefts, the thieves did another $1,500 in damage to the storage areas. There was concern the thefts would impact the home building process, but a few days later, Home Depot stepped up and donated a lot of tools so the building could continue.
The store also donated vouchers so Habitat could purchase other needed items.
Tuesday morning’s dedication is set for 11:00 a.m. at the Ivory Theater on Michigan. The home buyers will speak and be given keys to their new homes.
Find out more about St. Louis Habitat for Humanity: http://www.habitatstl.org/
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic