Nixon and Clay frustrated over DC politics over shutdown
ST. LOUIS (KPLR) – Two of Missouri’s top lawmakers are calling for congress to act. Missouri Governor Jay Nixon is also frustrated with the lawmakers in D.C.
So is Congressman William Lacy Clay, Jr., who is pointing the finger at one man on Capitol Hill for holding up the vote.
Nixon believes the state has enough resources to keep programs like WIC and nursing home inspections going for now, but if the shutdown becomes prolonged, those programs will be jeopardized.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true