Elizabeth Smart opens up about her abduction in a new book
(KPLR) – Kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart is opening up about the ordeal for the first time.
Smart, now 25, shared some of the details in a new book, called “My Story”.
She talks about the constant fear she endured during her entire nine months of captivity.
Smart also explains how she devised a plan to convince her captors to go back to Utah, where she was rescued minutes after arriving.
The memoir hit store shelves today and also looks at how she’s gone from victim to advocate since the 2002 abduction from her Salt Lake City home.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true