Two pedestrians killed in separate accidents overnight
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– Two separate crashes left two pedestrians dead in North St. Louis Tuesday night.
The first was on eastbound Interstate-70 near Salisbury Avenue. St. Louis police say that was at about 9:45 p.m. Officers were not sure why the male victim was walking on the roadway. They said a 28-year-old man was driving an Infiniti when he hit the victim, continued on and had another accident before his car went down an embankment.
Police took the driver into custody. No word on any charges or if alcohol was involved. The victim died at the scene.
Just after 11:45 p.m., a 60-year-old man was crossing the street on Natural Bridge Avenue near Kingshighway Boulevard. Police said he was hit by two cars, one driven by a 27-year-old woman and a second by a 47-year-old man. Both drivers stopped, but the victim died at the scene. Police made no arrests in that case.
The investigation into both crashes continued. The eastbound lanes of interstate 70 reopened around 2 a.m. Wednesday. That was before the westbound lanes shut down for another vehicle crash just after 4 a.m.
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer