Navigating the health insurance exchanges
(KTVI) – For the first time, all Americans are now eligible for health insurance. It does not matter if they have a pre-existing health condition. But, they will have to pay for that coverage.
Supporters of the Affordable Care Act have sought to help make healthcare just that: more affordable for those who made too little to pay for coverage. They also focused on those with health problems that made coverage either impossible to get or so expensive it may as well have been impossible to get. But, since many of those people may have never shopped for insurance before, looking for coverage may be confusing.
Sara Lovegreen is with the oasis institute. She spoke with our own Elliot Weiler about “navigators”.
“In one-on-one sessions with a navigator, we can help them fill out that online application and help them answer questions to pick the best plan for them,” she explained.
Navigators have been trained by the federal and state government. They have also been licensed. So, be sure to ask for that license number and information to make sure you do not get scammed.
Also, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Coventry Health Care Missouri announced the BJC Healthcare’s 13 hospitals will be available to those who buy insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
The group Organizing for Action – Missouri will hold an event to get the word out about the new federal healthcare exchanges.
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
7276 Natural Bridge Rd.
Normandy, MO 63121
Here’s a list of resources:
City of St. Louis Insurance Marketplace Enrollment Assistance Sites
Day Time Date Organization Address
- Wednesday 2:00 – 6:00 pm October 9 Schlafley Branch / Public Library 225 N. Euclid
- Saturday 10:00 – 2:00 October 12 Baden Branch 8448 Church
- Tuesday 3:00 – 7:00 pm October 15 Buder Branck / Public Library 4401 Hampton
- Saturday 9:30 – Noon October 19 Schlafley Branch / Public Library 225 N. Euclid
- Tuesday 2:00 – 6:00 pm October 22 Connect Care 5535 Delmar
- Saturday 9:30 – noon October 26 Buder Branch / Public Library 4401 Hampton
- Saturday 9:30 – noon November 2 Buder Branch / Public Library 4401 Hampton
- Tuesday 3:00 – 7:00 pm November 5 Buder Branck / Public Library 4401 Hampton
- Saturday 9:30 – 1:00 pm November 9 Julia Davis Branch 4415 Natural Bridge Road
- Wednesday 2:00 0- 6:00 pm November 13 Schlafley Branch / Public Library 225 N. Euclid
- Saturday 9:30 – 1:00 pm November 16 Connect Care 5535 Delmar
- Tuesday 2:00 – 6:00 pm November 19 Baden Branch 8448 Church
- Saturday 9:30 – 1:00 pm November 23 Connect Care 5585 Pershing
- Tuesday 2:00 – 6:00 pm December 3 Julia Davis Branch 4415 Natural Bridge Road
- Saturday 11:00 – 3:00 December 7 Baden Branch 8448 Church
- Tuesday 2:00 – 6:00 December 10 Connect Care 5585 Pershing
- Saturday 9:30 – noon December 14 Schlafley Branch / Public Library 225 N. Euclid
Granite City – Gateway Regional Medical Center
- October 24 at 5 pm in the lower level conference room 2100 Madison Ave, Granite City, IL 62040
- October 30 at 12:30 pm in Pascal Hall 2100 Madison Ave, Granite City, IL 62040
To make an appointment for sign-up help for the Health Insurance Marketplace or Medicaid, call 618-798-3206.
- Health Insurance Marketplace Premiums for 2014
- The Health Insurance Marketplace is coming soon
- Become a Champion for Coverage
- El Mercado de Seguros Médicos comenzará pronto
- How to get help with your Marketplace application
State of Missouri
State of Illinois
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip