Normandy students kick-off healthy schools initiative
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – Normandy students started the week getting healthy to a little music. They helped kick off the Healthy Schools Healthy Communities initiative, sponsored by the Missouri Foundation for Health.
Students at the Barack Obama Elementary School in Pine Lawn started with a Wii Dance Off, before learning healthy-eating habits at a cooking demonstration.
The group is attacking childhood obesity in both urban and rural school districts.
“The inner city and rural areas share very similar problems when it comes to attacking childhood obesity,” said MFH’s Deidre Griffith. “Resources, access, availability of what’s in the stores, in some cases food deserts.”
Friend me on Facebook: Facebook.com/KimHudsonTV
Follow me on Twitter: @kimhudsontv
Email me: email@example.com
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true