New aquatic center being built without tax dollars
(KTVI) – A new aquatic center is being built in Lemay without the use of tax payer dollars.
The aquatic center in Lemay has been a work in progress for years, running into delays along the way,including the discovery of sinkholes at the original site at Broadway and Kingston. But, on Monday there was a groundbreaking at a new location on the west side of Jefferson Barracks park. St. Louis County officials unveiled a new $12 million community center that includes a leisure swimming pool, a lazy river and workout facility.
Officials were proud to say no taxpayer dollars will be used to build the center. River City Casino in Lemay kicked in $5 million to get construction underway and will continue to pay for operation of the center.
The new Lemay Aquatic Center is scheduled to open july of next year and the community center should be completed by the Fall of 2014.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true