Jeff takes a look back at favorite Cardinals playoff moments
(KPLR) – This week we kick off a look at some favorite playoff moments from Cardinals baseball. Here’s JB with “The Way It Oughta Be”.
The playoffs start this week so I thought we could have some fun looking back on some of the fun moments we have had watching playoff baseball in St. Louis.
Every Cardinals fan I know is a Yadier Molina fan. So let’s kick this week off with a look at the 2006 National League Championship Series.
The score was tied in the 9th inning against the New York Mets when the Cardinals catcher came to the plate. His batting average for the year was .216. He was an unlikely candidate for a great offensive moment. That’s what made his two-run homer so much fun to watch.
The Cardinals went on to win the World Series against the Detroit Tigers. Without that home run, it could have been a New York, Detroit World Series.
I’m JB and that’s “The Way It Oughta Be.”
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone