Police investigating baby’s death in East St. Louis
EAST ST. LOUIS, IL. (KPLR) – The East St. Louis Police Department is investigating a newborn baby’s death.
Police chief Michael Floore says, on Friday, September 27th around 5 pm, a woman in the 500 block of North 23rd street gave birth to a baby boy at home. What happened next shocked investigators.
Chief Floore says the woman threw the baby out of a second floor window, into some weeds.
Police were alerted around 10 pm by a caller, saying a baby had been found in a yard.
The 23-year-old woman is in police custody at a hospital being evaluated.
Chief Floore says other family members were at home, but were unaware of the birth.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip