Teen inspires students while struggling with Leukemia
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – Michael Wefelmeyer is an inspiration. He is a Lafayette High School student, and athlete who aced the ACT after being diagnosed with Leukemia.
In every picture he is in you can see he has a smile. But, behind that smile is a mixture of pain, hope, strength, and survival. There is one thing holding him back, most likely the hardest battle of his life, Leukemia. Through the pain, his strength and endurance is uplifting to those younger than Michael also fighting this devastating disease.
Tonight the sun will set, but the night will be bright with walkers in Forest Park for the annual Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Light Up The Night Fundraiser.
Find out more about the walk here: LightTheNight.org
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true