Plane makes emergency landing in New Town cornfield
ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI) – A man and his wife are safe after they were forced to put their plane down in a corn field Friday afternoon.
St. Charles County authorities say the husband and wife were en route from Oklahoma to Indiana in a Cessna 172 when the engine stopped working. That’s when the husband made an emergency landing in a corn field on Blaze Station Road, about two miles north of New Town Road.
Officials say the the passengers were not injured and the plane was not damaged.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone