Missouri hunter finds giant mushrooms
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Many fishermen talk about the “big one” that got away. But, if you’re a Missouri mushroom hunter you would have quite a story to tell about finding these fungi.
Some mushroom hunters in Saint Joseph, Missouri say they’re making some really big finds. The fungi are called Giant Puffballs. Usually, they’re the
size of a grapefruit. A retired Missouri Western State University professor and another man in St. Joseph have found several much larger than that.
Professor Richard Crumley says they’re edible when they’re young, so you have to know how to tell the age by their color. he also says they’re very common in Missouri and throughout the Midwest.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic