Wacha nearly no-hits Nationals
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – It was close. Real close. Washington’s Ryan Zimmerman’s infield single with 2 outs in the 9th inning spoiled what was a magical night at Busch. Michael Wacha, the Cardinals rookie pitcher, came within a whisker of recording the Cardinals 11th no-hitter in franchise history.
Bud Smith had the last no-hitter for the Cardinals in 2001. Zimmerman’s ground ball eluded Wacha and then went to shortstop Pete Kozma who threw to first base but the throw pulled Matt Adams off the base. Wacha struck out 9 Nationals en route to the win. And with the 2-0 win over the Nats the Cardinals magic number was trimmed to 3. The Pirates beat the Cubs to remain 2 games behind the Cardinals in the Central Division. The Reds lost to the Mets to slip 3 games back.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true