Sexist gorilla seeks therapy
DALLAS, TX – An attitude readjustment for a sexist gorilla. The 400lb male is headed to therapy. Patrick has spent 18 years at the Dallas Zoo. His keepers call him beautiful, intelligent and outgoing, towards humans. Other primates? not so much, especially females.
The Western Lowland Gorilla has been characterized as anxious, even troubled. Zoo officials say Patrick gets along fine with humans, but tends to go all ape on the ladies, once biting a female gorilla and sneering at another.
So now, Patrick is leaving behind his bachelor pad at the Dallas Zoo and being moved to the Riverbanks Zoo in South Carolina, where they will work to re-socialize him.
Patrick’s troubles stem back to his childhood. Born at the Bronx Zoo in 1990, his mother abandoned him. He was raised by humans at the Toronto Zoo until he was 5, which could be a reason why he’s anti-social around other gorillas.
His replacement at the Dallas Zoo is pretty impressive. Zola, the gorilla breakdances. Yes, that’s right breakdances. He’s being brought in to takE Patrick’s place in Dallas. Wouldn’t you be depressed too?
Source – CNN
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic