Child abducted in Florida in 2000 found living in Missouri
CHILLICOTHE, MO (WDAF) — A child abducted as an infant in Florida almost 13 years ago has been reunited with their real family, thanks to a Missouri school official with concerns about a recent enrollment.
After the official contacted the Livingston County, Missouri Sheriff’s Office, an investigation into the child’s background was conducted and the biological father was located.
Sandy Hatte, 60, was arrested and charged with felony child abduction. Hatte is being held on a $25,000 bond in the Daviess/DeKalb Regional Jail.
The child was removed from school in order to be reunited with family. A local restaurant provided a free room and breakfast for the family to celebrate their reunification.
Read the full story here: Child abducted 13 years ago in Fla., found living in northern Missouri
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip