Police bust meth lab in Sunset Hills EconoLodge
SUNSET HILLS, MO (KTVI) – Guests were evacuated and a police officer was sent to a hospital after an active meth lab was discovered at a hotel in Sunset Hills.
It happened at the EconoLodge on South Lindbergh and East Watson. Sunset Hills police say the officer found the lab in the back of the hotel in a second floor room.
Authorities say officers responded around 12:45 a.m. for a separate disturbance when he saw someone cutting up lithium batteries outside the second floor room When he went to investigate, he saw smoke coming from the room and also noticed a strong chemical smell. He pushed the door open to make sure there wasn’t a fire.
That’s when investigators say the officer was overcome with fumes from the meth lab. He called for backup and was then taken to a hospital by ambulance. The entire hotel was evacuated as police investigated.
Authorities say they found finished meth in the room and that when the officers went in, something was being heated up in a microwave. One suspect was taken into custody. The St. Louis County police drug unit was called in to dispose of the meth.
Everyone was later allowed back into their rooms.
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer