Why do we have double left turn lanes?
(KPLR) – It might be the most misunderstood traffic design. Here`s JB with The Way It Oughta be.
I know why we have double left turn lanesbut I don`t know why drivers always seem to line up in only one of them.
I travel through this one nearly every day. The left lane usually has one or two cars lined up while the right one backs all the way up to the point of blocking intersecting traffic.
I know some drivers want to get in the proper position for the next movebut not everyone is making an immediate turn once they leave the double left turn lane.
So the next time you see some space, take advantage of it. You`ll end up easing some traffic back ups for drivers trying to get home.
I’m JBand that’s “The Way It Oughta Be.”
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip