Hunter falls into sinkhole, dies in Pulaski County
(KPLR) – Authorities in Pulaski County are looking into a bizarre accident after a man fell to his death into a sinkhole.
It happened overnight in a wooded area in rural Pulaski County. According to KY3.com, the man was out bow hunting Monday near his home off Red Oak Lane near the Buckhorn, Mo. area. He told his wife he had shot a deer and was going into the woods to get it near his home . That was the last time he was seen.
When the man’s wife reported his disappearance, search crews took to the woods and found his body around 3:00 a.m. Tuesday at the bottom of a large sink hole just a short distance from his home, KY3 reports.
Authorities say the hole is about the size of a car and is about 65 feet deep. Investigators believe the hole may have recently opened up following heavy rains last month. The Pulaski County coroner has ruled the death accidental. His identity has not yet been released.
- Dogs Rescued From Sinkhole Near Millstadt
- Man Falls Into 18-Foot Deep Sinkhole on Waterloo Golf Course
MAP: Sinkholes in Missouri
Search the interactive Missouri sinkhole map here.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip