Homeless man returns lost money
BOSTON, MA. (CNN) – A Good Samaritan was awarded a special citation today by the Boston Police Department.
On Saturday night, Glen James approached officers saying he found a backpack outside of a TJ Maxx store in Dorchester.
It contained 24-hundred dollars in cash, nearly 40-thousand dollars in traveler’s checks and a passport.
A short time later – police returned it to a best buy customer who reported the bag lost.
At Monday’s ceremony, James thanked all of the people who have ever given him money on the street.
He said even if he were desperate for money he would not have kept it, because god has always looked after him.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone