Urban crime summit underway in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, MO. (KPLR) - Mayor Slay is searching for a solution to the metro area’s crime, with other local leaders at an urban crime summit in Kansas City.
Attorney General Chris Koster is holding the event to help create real solutions to reduce violence. Koster says Missouri metro areas have consistently ranked nationally for violent crimeand we shouldn’t accept those levels as normal.
He brought together top leaders in the state, including the St. Louis mayor and police chief, to find a way to reduce homicide rates and get illegal guns off the streets.
New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly kicked off the event, telling the group about his city’s success in reducing crime.
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer