Traffic Alert: IDOT closing westbound lanes of McKinley, MLK bridges
(KTVI) – Drivers should expect some delays coming into St. Louis Illinois on two bridges Monday.
That’s because The Illinois Department of Transportation is planning projects on both the McKinley and Martin Luther King bridges.
IDOT is planning to do bridge inspections on both bridges. The inspections will mean lane closures on both bridges heading westbound beginning Monday morning.
The westbound lanes of the McKinley will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. Monday afternoon. During that time, traffic will go both ways in the eastbound lanes with the help of a flagger crew.
The westbound lanes of the MLK bridge will close from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. That same closure will happen again on Tuesday. The eastbound lanes will remain open, but westbound drivers will have to find another route.
Later this week, the eastbound lanes of the Martin Luther King bridge will close. That’s scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. for inspection.
There will be an additional eastbound closure on the MLK next week as well.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true