Golf course offers 9/11 deal, sparks outrage online
WISCONSIN (KTVI) – A Wisconsin golf course is under fire for a newspaper ad offering a discount to mark the 12th anniversary of 9/11.
The promotion offers nine holes of golf for $9.11. The golf course’s Facebook page has been flooded with angry responses to the ad. One of them accused the golf course of trying to “make an opportunity out of a national tragedy.”
The owner says the idea was to remember the victims. After a few death threats, management posted an apology on their Facebook page and is planning to donate to a 9/11 memorial.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone