Man returns stolen money, apologizes 12 years later
NASHVILLE, TN (KPLR) – A quiet, peaceful apology was made for a violent action over a decade ago.
The owners of an international food market were robbed at gunpoint 12 years ago. The thief made off with $300 in cash and walked off, never to be found again.
The owners thought they would never recover the money until Friday. That’s when a man walked into the store, handed them an envelope and walked out. Inside was a note and $400 in cash.
In the letter, the man said he was a drug addict and that he robbed the store 11 or 12 years ago with a gun. The man asked for forgiveness in the letter.
The owners say they wish he would have stayed so they could thank him in person.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true