3-year-old dies from gunshot wound at Yellowstone
(CNN) — Rangers at Yellowstone National Park are investigating the shooting death of a 3-year-old girl at a campground inside the park.
The mother of the girl told a 911 dispatcher that the girl shot herself with a handgun Saturday morning, according to a statement from the park.
The identity of the girl and her family was not released.
Visitors to the park are legally allowed to carry guns, but “discharging a firearm for any reason is illegal,” according to the park.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true