Rally to improve birth practices held on Brentwood Boulevard
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – St. Louis was one of 170 cities to take part in the “Rally To Improve Birth”. The group, Improving Birth STL, helped coordinate the demonstration on Monday along Brentwood Boulevard.
They’re calling for maternity practices that put mothers and babies first including use of medical interventions “only when necessary” and reducing the rate of cesarean section.
Organizers point to United Nations data that shows that the US ranks 45th worldwide in maternal safety even though it has the highest maternity health costs in the world.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing