Dogs used to sniff out Giant African Land Snails in Florida
FLORIDA (KTVI) - Giant African Land Snails invaded the state of Florida in April. The snails quickly became destructive to the area and a health threat to the people. Florida officials are continuing the effort to make the state snail-free by adding a four-legged hunter.
Now, Reuters news reports that the Florida Department of Agriculture hopes adding dogs to the process will help eliminate the snails for good. So far 128,000 snails have been collected since the beginning of the $6 million extermination process.
Joining the group of 45 hunters includes three Labrador retrievers -two expected to be trained, and a black Lab named Bear who is finishing up his three-month long training.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true