(KPLR) – Pat Staude, a Certified Health Coach with Take Shape For Life, stopped by to talk with Christine Buck about the health benefits of all those fruits and veggies coming in toseason in your garden and grocery store right now.
Find out more: http://stl.tsfl.com
Cantaloupe – 46 calories per serving, almost a day’s worth of vitamins A and C. Good source of potassium and loaded with water.
Zucchini – Low in calories, high in fiber, vitamins A, C and K.
Eggplant – Good source of vitamins B6 and K and fiber. Low-calorie source of more than a dozen disease-fighting antioxidants, and heart and memory benefits, among others.
Blackberries – Berries in general are loaded with fiber and antioxidants, while being low in calories. Shown to slow cognitive decline, they also protect the heart and lower blood pressure. Blackberries are a good source of potassium, vitamins E, C and K and manganese.
Yellow Summer Squash – Like zucchini, yellow summer squash is rich in fiber, vitamins C and K and potassium, while having very few calories.
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- School drops sexual harassment claim against 6-year-old who kissed girl
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Watch the new Godzilla movie trailer