Green Spaces: 37th Annual Japanese Festival
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR) – Join the Missouri Botanical Garden in celebrating the culture and traditions of Japan at the 37th Annual Japanese Festival. Holly Berthold talked with John Fuller about some of the fun things you can do and see.
You can help celebrate the Year of the Lotus. Come experience everything from traditional music to martial arts, sumo to sushi, bon odori dancing to bonsai displays and thunderous taiko drumming to Tea House Island tours. The three-day Labor Day weekend is filled with sights, sounds and experiences for the entire family.
37th Annual Japanese Festival
Labor Day Weekend
Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 31 and Sept. 1
10:00a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 2 (Labor Day)
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (doors open at 9 a.m.)
Missouri Botanical Garden
4344 Shaw Blvd., south St. Louis
$15 adults (ages 13 and over)
$5 children (3 to 12)
Find out more: www.mobot.org/events/japanesefestival
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip