Hot, muggy weather back in St. Louis
ST. LOUIS, MO (KPLR)- Just as Dave Murray and the weather team warned, summer time heat is back in St. Louis. This after an early August that felt more like early October. With the temperatures climbing and the humidity increasing, the warmth is a concern for folks with outdoor plans.
This weekend the Cardinals are playing a big series in town against the Braves. Thousands will pack Busch Stadium on a sticky Sunday afternoon. The Cardinals may set up water station inside the ballpark for fans and St. Louis firefighters may have cooling stations on the surrounding streets.
The hugely popular Festival of Nations also has people getting outside and packing Tower Grove Park. Festival goers are encouraged to wear sunscreen and stay hydrated.
The forecast calls for the heat to last right into next weekend, which is also jammed packed with outdoor events. It is after all, the Labor Day Weekend holiday.
If you know someone who need help staying cool, please contact Cool Down St. Louis. You can call the Resource Hotline, Monday through Friday, from 314-241-7668.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true