Mall Wars: Can 2 outlet malls survive in Chesterfield?
(KPLR) – This week’s edition of The Pulse of St. Louis (The Pulse) takes a closer look at mall wars in light of the opening of two outlet malls in Chesterfield Valley. On August 2, 2013, Taubman Prestige Outlets opened on North Outer 40 near Boone’s Crossing. On August 22, 2013 Simon Properties opened St. Louis Premium Outlet Mall on Chesterfield Airport Road south of the Boone Bridge. Many are wondering whether both malls can survive in such close proximity. If so, how much of an economic boost will the region experience? We’ll answer those questions and more on The Pulse.
Economics of the malls and on the region
History of malls in St. Louis
Viewer comments on the opening of two malls in Chesterfield
Panel’s final thoughts on two outlet malls in Chesterfield
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire