Base jump over downtown postponed
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – Officials with the software company sponsoring the base jump over downtown St. Louis have said the jump has been “postponed.” A press release from SceneTap had advised the best view of the jump from a plane at 4,000 feet would be the Arch grounds.
There had been speculation on whether the base jumper would try to fly through the legs of the Arch.
There is no new date set for the wingsuit basejump. Polli has been practicing the jump just outside St. Louis for the last week.
Have you ever wanted to fly like a bird? Wingsuit / BASE-jump athlete Alexander Polli gets as close as humanly possible.
Alex let Tim Ezell wear his wingsuit and try it out in the studio – but in real life, Alex reaches speeds up to 155 miles an hour in the sky.
Alex will jump from a plane over downtown St. Louis Friday night. Look for him over Busch Stadium around 6:00pm.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire