Dorm essentials for college students
(KPLR) – Sending kids off to college is both scary and exciting. For many, this is the first time they’ve lived on their own and providing a few basic tools and amenities – combined with everyday skills like organizing a bedroom, doing laundry and cooking healthy meals – can help make their transition successful.
From furniture and electronics to clever space-saving techniques, Taylor Reich, from The Home Depot, showed Christine Buck some clever tips and practical products to help kids adjust.
Set Up: Whether studying or eating or getting dressed – it all happens in the new home away from home, so help them organize the room into functional areas.
Tech Out: Your kids depend on personal technology to get through the day, but one third of college students cited technology as one of their top three stressors in a survey by tech support service NortonLive. Get the right gear to make sure technology is a resource, not a distraction.
Pile In: At college, space often is in short supply. Maximize the space for daily essentials.
- McDonald’s accidentally hands out money at drive-thru
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Police: Newlyweds lure man through Craigslist for thrill killing
- Man wakes up on United jet, locked in and alone