St. Peters man accused of raping ex-wife, leading police on chase
The incident began about 3:00 a.m. Wednesday.
According to police, Robert Daniel, 48, was staying in his ex-wife’s basement when he allegedly raped her several times over a three-hour period.
Daniel is a registered sex offender in Missouri.
The victim reported that Daniel also tried to strangle her before he left the residence. Police found Daniel about 2:00 p.m. Wednesday sitting in his car on an parking lot at Highway K and Mexico Road in O’Fallon, Mo.
When officers ordered him out of his car, he fled leading police on a high-speed chase, but they caught up to him on a dead-end road. That’s when police say, Daniel turned around and rammed his car into an unmarked police vehicle. He was then taken into custody.
Neither Daniel nor the officer were injured in the collision. Daniel’s ex-wife was treated at an area hospital.
Daniel is charged with forcible rape, assault on law enforcement, and stealing a credit card. He is being held at the St. Charles County Jail on $150,000 bond.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true