2-Alarm Fire Damages Shamrocks Pub & Grill in St. Peters
ST. PETERS, MO (KTVI) – A fire broke out in Shamrocks Pub N Grill Tuesday. The location of the fire may have saved the building.
Central County Fire Chief Russ Mason said witnesses called for help after seeing smoke at the bar on Veterans Memorial Parkway and Westway Drive. This was just before 7 a.m. Tuesday. The department automatically called for two alarms and got help from firefighters in Cottleville, St. Charles and O`Fallon.
Mason said the fire started in a rear storage room.
Shamrock`s may have enjoyed the Luck of the Irish, even during this fire. Chief mason explained why.
“There was a copper water line. The fire had melted the solder. That began to leak and began to spray water and keep the fire down, actually. The fire wasn`t nearly as severe as had the water line not broken.’
Back here live, firefighters saw a car on the parking lot and thought someone was inside. They found out the building was actually empty and the driver has been found.
Chief mason said Central County will look for the cause of this fire.
Friend me on Facebook: facebook.com/KimHudsonTV
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/kimhudsontv
Email me: email@example.com
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip