ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - The Powerball jackpot has gone up to $360 million. This is the 3rd highest ever Powerball jackpot ever. Many people around the area are buying up tickets in hopes to win the big jackpot. The last Powerball winners are from Missouri. Mark and Cindy Hill the biggest jackpot ever offered at $587.5 million on Nov. 28, 2012. Your chances of winning a prize is roughly 1 in 31.
The Missouri Lottory has released some fascinating facts about playing. For instance, you should sign your ticket when you purchase it. Just like money the ticket can be claimed by who ever holds it. Make sure to check your ticket closely. Even if you don't win the jackpot you could walk away with the eight other prizes in the Powerball game.
- Tickets Selling Fast for $360 Million Powerball Jackpot
- FOX Files: Secrets Of Lotto Scratchers
- Quiz – Lotto Scratcher Ticket Secrets
If you do win the Powerball jackpot you can choose a single cash payment but, you will not get all of the money immediately. Winners get about half of a jackpot in a lump sum. So, the winner of Wednesday's jackpot would only get $229 million before taxes. The federal government will take a quarter of your winnings in taxes. The state of Missouri will claim percent of your winnings in taxes.
Missouri Powerball sales are average about $2.2 million per week. Last week Missouri sold $3.5 million in Powerball tickets. About 5,000 terminals in Missouri sell Powerball tickets.
Of every dollar spent on lottery purchases, 64 cents go to players in prizes; A quarter goes to schools, stores get 6.2 cents and 4.2 cents goes to administrative costs.
The drawing is at 9:59pm. Players can buy tickets in Missouri up to 8:59pm on Wednesay.
There are nine ways to win a prize in Powerball:
- 5 of 5 + PB JACKPOT 1 in 175,223,510
- 5 of 5 (no PB) $200,000 1 in 5,153,632.65
- 4 of 5 + PB $10,000 1 in 648,975.96
- 4 of 5 (no PB) $100 1 in 19,087.53
- 3 of 5 + PB $100 1 in 12,244.83
- 3 of 5 (no PB) $7 1 in 360.14
- 2 of 5 + PB $7 1 in 706.43
- 1 of 5 + PB $4 1 in 110.81
- 0 of 5 + PB $3 1 in 55.41
More info: MOLottery.com