Is Anti-Bacterial Soap Dangerous?
(KTVI) – It’s a chemical you can find in everything from body washes to kitchen counters to baby bassinets. And now an anti-bacterial ingredient is getting a closer look from the FDA.
The germ-killing chemical “Triclosan” can be found in an estimated 75 percent of antibacterial liquid soaps and body washes sold in the U.S.
The FDA is now reviewing whether the chemical is safe. Recent studies on animals show the chemical could increase the risk of infertility, early puberty and other hormone-related problems.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true