Child Struck By Pickup Truck Near Park Hills
ST. FRANCOIS COUNTY, MO (KPLR) –Late Tuesday afternoon, just after 5:30 pm, a six-year-old Evan Ketto was struck and killed by a pick-up truck. The child had been walking with a man and other boy along a road near Highway P and Highway 8, close to Park Hills, Missouri.
The accident occurred as the two boys were playing along the road, when Evan ran in front of the pick-up. The pick-up was pulling a horse trailer at the time of the incident.
The driver, 42-year-old David Dickerson, of Irondale, Missouri swerved, trying to avoid the child.
Missouri Highway Patrol says Evan Ketto was transported to Mineral Area Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire