Job Interview Tips
(KPLR) – The point of a job interview is to discover if you are well suited for that particular job – in more ways than one.
Andrew Hulbert is the branch manager for Robert Half Technology in St. Louis. He talked with Christine about some common questions, like is it appropriate to not wear a suit on a job interview?
Where you live makes a difference. Philadelphia and Denver were among the cities with the most traditional tastes. What about St. Louis?
· Choose something comfortable. You want to look as relaxed as possible, so avoid uncomfortable clothing. If you purchase new interview attire, wear it a few times to break it in before your meeting.
PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS
· Pay attention to details. Don`t overlook the less obvious aspects of your appearance, like your shoes, socks and accessories. Make sure your outfit is free of wrinkles and stains, your hair and nails are well groomed, and your shoes are polished.
· Don’t overdo it. Ultimately, you want your experience and skills to be the focus of the interview — not your outfit. Avoid any distracting clothing or jewelry, as well as excessive perfume, cologne or makeup.
TURN OFF CELL PHONES..ETC.
· Turn off electronic ‘accessories.’ Make sure any mobile device you have with you is off before the meeting.
EVEN IF’S ITS WEBCAM
· Dress the part for a video interview. Even if your interview is via webcam, you want to look the part. Make sure you dress appropriately from head to toe and the background is free of distractions.