Boy Scouts Honored At A Webster Groves Church
WEBSTER GROVES, MO (KTVI) – Boy Scout Troop 301 has been part of the First Congregational Church of Webster Groves for more than 100 years.
“Our troop is older than the Boy Scouts Of America”, says church member Jeff McCoy.
Originally the troop was part of Boys Brigade that later became part of Boys Scouts Of America.
Sunday mornings service was dedicated to Troop 301. The service included a renewing of a charter between the church boy scout troop and the Boys Scouts of America.
Last week the Boy Scouts of America said they needed more time to decide if they were going to end it’s ban on gay scouts and leaders.
“We find this to be problematic. We are taking a stand based on our understanding of social justice and God’s will”, said Pastor Dave Denun during today’s sermon.
First Congregational welcomes all scouts gay or straight.
“We believe that a person shouldn’t be limited by being a scout just because of his or hers sexuality”, said church member Herb Niemeyer.
The troop believes that change will come and they will continue to work within the group to make that happen.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir