Support To Rehire Applebees Waitress Fired For Reddit Receipt Post
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The Applebee’s waitress fired after posting a customer’s receipt on Reddit is getting a lot of support online. Applebees fired Chelsea Welch after she took a picture of Alois Bell’s receipt last Friday night.
Bell wrote on the receipt, “I give God ten percent; Why should i give you 18? “ After an automatic 18% gratuity was added to her bill because she was part of a group of ten.
Since the story went viral on Thursday nearly 7,000 people have “liked” a facebook page calling on Applebees to re-hire Welch.
A South St. Louis restaurant has even offered to hire her. Bell has since apologized for writing her comment.
Watch our full interview with Pastor Alois Bell here:
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- Brazilian model Gisele Bundchen posts breastfeeding pic
- Watch the new Godzilla movie trailer
- School drops sexual harassment claim against 6-year-old who kissed girl
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy