Magnitude 6.8 Quake Strikes Chile
(CHILE) – A magnitude 6.8 earthquake has struck central and northern Chile, this Wednesday. The quake was center 63 miles southwest of the Chilean city of Copiapo. The USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) says the quakes depth was 28.4 miles deep in the earth.
So far damage has been light, sparing vast cooper mines to the south of Copiapo and did not trigger a Tsunami alert.
It’s just been a little more than 3 years ago, when Chile was hit by a 8.8 magnitude earthquake that killed thousands and caused billions of dollars of damage.
To read more, click on news Yahoo.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire