Uplands Park Police Department to Shut Down Saturday
UPLANDS PARK, MO (KTVI) – FOX 2 has learned that the Uplands Park police department will close Saturday night. According to police chief Stephen Abbington, the shut down will happen at 11:59 p.m. and eight employees will be out of work.
The Board of the Directors for the city made the decision Monday night. The chief calls it an illegal takeover and says the village still owes officers back pay. Now the chief says Velda City police will be running patrols.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir