Child of Same Sex Couple Says She Is Bullying Victim
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KPLR) – A fifth grade student, who is being raised by a same sex couple, told FOX2 constant bullying has made her want to switch schools.
Janelle Lankford, 11, is a student at Mason Elementary School in St. Louis.
“It just makes me feel sad, and it makes me feel like I am not wanted,” she said.
Her mother, Sadie, said her daughter should not have to endure the bullying.
“My partner and I are open with our lifestyle,’ she said.”We should not have to hide it.”
Sadie said Janelle has been called a “lesbian” and derogatory name.
“It is just unfair for kids to do that to my daughter,” she said.
Janelle vented her frustration by posting a YouTube video about the bullying.
“I just want it to stop,” she said.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire