Fans And Friends Remember Coach Rick Majerus
ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Fans and friends of former SLU basketball coach Rick Majerus reacted to his death Sunday.
The team played its first game since the news broke.
“He was a great coach, who energized the entire school,” Senior Will Butzke said. ‘He will be missed here.”
Majerus died after a long battle with heart problems.
In Aug. he took a leave of absence from the team after leading it to the NCAA tournament last year.
“He gave us instant credibility and made us a winner,” SLU supporter Kim Tucci said.
Majerus did not have children and was not married.
“He looked at his players as family and really wanted them to succeed,” Tucci said.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- Teen's defense for driving drunk, killing 4: Being rich & spoiled
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire