Powerball Ticket Sales Rise After Jackpot Hits $550 Million
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO (KPLR)– Powerball ticket sales have been red hot all day long. The jackpot has risen to a record $550 million.
People at the 7 Eleven in Maryland Heights were hopeful. One customer said, “I feel lucky I hope so.” A woman added, ‘It only takes one winner and one ticket.” The odds of winning the jackpot are astronomical. It would be easier to hit a hole in one at the golf course or strike it rich on a slot machine or even get hit by lighting.
Lena Dickerson of Pacific, Missouri knows what it`s like to get hit by lightning. She said, “I`m hoping to get struck rich, I don`t know.” She said in 8 years she`s been hit three times by a bolt out of the blue.
Dickerson said, “It`s frightening it`s very frightening and the first time hurt it did hurt.” She`s hoping to turn all of Mother Nature` fury into some good luck for her. For the first time she bought a Powerball ticket Wednesday afternoon. Dickerson added, “I`m hoping it wasn`t three strikes and I`m out I`m hoping this I it.”
Missouri may be a lucky place to purchase a Powerball ticket. It ranks seconds of all states in terms of Powerball jackpot winners. The Show Me State has had 26 Powerball winners over the years. Indiana ranks first with 38.
- Watch this: Smoking medical marijuana transforms woman with Cerebral Palsy
- White Castle customer stabbed over a beer
- Best Flight Ever: Airline makes passengers’ Christmas wishes come true
- Kansas City man suffers burns while trying to save sons from fire
- Gay waitress loses job, accused of forging offensive note on tip