Uplands Park Meets To Discuss Future Of Police Department
UPLANDS PARK, MO. (KPLR) – The Village of Uplands Park Board of Directors held a heated meeting on Tuesday regarding the possibility of shutting down its police department.
The village has had a host of financial issues and is currently under investigation for missing funds and hiring unlicensed police officers.
The chief of police started the investigation and said he thinks some board members may be trying to “dissolve” the police department to dissolve the investigation.”
“I have a feeling some board people think that, but it won’t stop the investigation,” Chief Stephen Addington said.
Several residents objected to the idea of contracting another department to police the area.
“These officers are focused on us and keep us safe,’ Keisha Griffin said.
The board is still considering the matter.
- 18 puppies, 3 cats rescued by Animal Cruelty Task Force
- Video: Girl goes from baby to 14 in 4 minutes
- Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbed
- Judge tells convicted murderer: "I hope you die in jail"
- Portland water supply to be flushed after teen urinates into reservoir